Snapchat is famous for its temporary nature. This is the only reason why people just love Snapchat after Facebook and Instagram. As you know it will delete the messages, videos, and pictures forever after it has been read by the recipient. You all know that but if you have decided to delete your Snapchat account permanently then you will get to know all the process here. The great thing is it is quick and fast.
Here we will discuss how you can deactivate and delete your Snapchat account. Know that both are different things. When you request for deactivation your account will be temporarily in-active. You can re-active it anytime.
Now coming to deleting your Snapchat account then once you initiate the process you are not able to get back your account.
If you are not sure whether you really want to delete your Snapchat account permanently you need to go with deactivate option, otherwise choose the second option. You will come to know both the process.
Note: Unlike Facebook and Instagram you don’t have separate options. Once you initiate deletion process you only have 30 days to reactive your Snapchat account otherwise it will be deleted permanently so follow the procedure while keeping this thing in mind.
There are two methods to delete your Snapchat Account. first, let you delete the account using the browser and other one let you delete the account from the app.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account Permanently via Browser
- Open this link in your browser > https://support.snapchat.com/delete-account
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- You will see a Delete Account page where you need to enter your credential one more time.
- After adding credentials click on Continue. That’s it.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account Permanently via App
- Open the Snapchat app in your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Now Go to the Your Profile > Settings > More Information > Support > My Account & Security > Account Information > Delete My Account.
- From Delete My Account screen, go to Account Portal.
- Here you need to enter your credentials.
- Your account has been deactivated successfully.
We want you to tell you again that you only have 30 days to reactive your account. After 30 days you are not able to access your account. In case you want to reactivate your account simply login to Snapchat via browser or app and reactive your Snapchat account. You can also read How To Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently and How To Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently.