digit unique alphanumeric number is allotted to each and every PAN card holder. It is simply a 10
digits unique alphanumeric number combination; dispense by Income Tax Department under
the advocacy of Central Board of Direct Taxes. It is in the form of a laminated card. It can be used for
PAN Card Screenshot –
so many purposes like opening account in a bank, to get Passport, used as an ID proof, dealing with
Government issues etc.
The best thing about the PAN is that there are not any limitations/restrictions on age, region and
nationality. Anyone can apply for their PAN even a new born baby but the application is signed
by his/her granted parents or guardians. To know more about PAN Card Read Wikipedia
Uses of PAN Card –
PAN is compulsory for the activities written below –
1. For opening an Account for the purpose of Buying or selling shares
2. It is mandatory for filing Income Tax Return
3. For withdrawing and depositing Rs.50,000 or more from one Bank Account to another Bank Account
4. It is very helpful to getting the Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) amount back
Required documents to Applying for a Pan Card –
1. Acceptable Passport size color photos of the applier
2. PAN card fee -Cheque or Demand draft of amount Rs. 96.00 (INR) [Rs.87 + 10.3% Service Tax]
3. Photocopy of the Identity Proof of the applier
4. Photocopy of the Address Proof of the applier
To know more about PAN card CLICK HERE
How to apply PAN Card Number online –
Step 1 –
Visit Online PAN Application Government Site (NSDN). Website link is provided below –
Step 2 –
When you open the link the application form named “Application for PAN through Online Services”
Step 3 –
Now click on “New PAN for Indian Citizens (Form 49A)” to open the Application for New PAN.
If you are a foreign Citizen then click on “New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form 49AA)” to open the
Application for New PAN.
Step 4 –
After opening the “Application for New PAN” clicks on “Online Application for New PAN (49A)”.
Then a new Guideline form open; Read the guidelines completely. At the bottom of Guideline form there
is an option named “Apply for New Pan Card” in which you have to select the Category of Applicant.
Note: To read the guidelines in Hindi CLICK HERE
Step 5 –
Now select the category you would like to apply.
Step 6 –
After selecting the category, “Application for Allotment of PAN (Form No. 49A)” opens. Now fill the details
correctly. Now choose the appropriate mode of Payment and then submit the form by clicking “Submit” button
at the bottom of the page.
We Hope you Successfully applied for your Permanent Account Number (PAN)…None found.