No matter whether you have lost your precious data or you are here only for knowledge purpose we will not disappoint you. Here we are providing the list of best free data recovery software 2018 which help you to recover your deleted data. The list contains 15 software so make sure to pick the best after reading its features.
Best Free Data Recovery Software 2018
Recuva is the first tool that we want to share with you in our best free data recovery software 2018 list. We are sure that most of you are not surprised to see it in the first position as it is one of the most recommended data recovery software.
Anyways if you know about it and used it then feel free to move on to our other recommendations. If not then know what makes Recuva special.
Recuva is able to restore files from DVD, hard drives, CDs, external drives, and memory cards. Well, there are tons of free data recovery software but it has some unbeatable features which you may not get in other data recovery software. We especially want to highlight its photo and hard drive recovery actions. It searches for unreferenced data. Recuva can even get back your deleted directory structure.
It is so advanced that while recovering it will rename your data in case there is another file exists with the same name. Recuva is easy to use and comes with a simple interface but under the hood, it is loaded with tons of powerful options.
- Advanced deep scan mode
- Simple UI
- Works seamlessly with NTFS and FAT systems
- Superior file recovery
- Able to recover data from newly formatted and damaged files
- Secure overwrite features integrated with military and industry deletion techniques
- Preview files before recovering them
- Free inexpensive best free data recovery software
Without TestDisk it is impossible to complete the list of best free data recovery software 2018. It is an open source software which developed with an idea to fix non-boosting disks and recover lost data.
TestDisk is packed with so advanced feature that it is able to beat other data recovery software easily. No matter whether you are a computer expert or newbie it fits with all type of users.
TestDisk will detect partitions and file entries. Its deep scan will take some more time but it will obviously give you a better result. TestDisk allows you to rebuild or recover the boot sector.
Let us tell you first that TestDisk is a command line tool so GUI users may don’t like this. If you are one of them then we recommend you to go with Recuva or next software in our list of best free data recovery software 2018.
Here are some more features of TestDisk which you would love to know.
- Available on various platforms like Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and it can be easily found on Linux Live CDs too.
- Recover or fix deleted partition table
- Recover files from NTFS, FAT, ext2m and exFAT file systems.
If you consider its name then it performs really a stellar job when it comes to recovering data from Windows PC and Mac. If you accidentally or intentionally deleted your files even from Recycle Bin or Trash obviously, you don’t have to regret especially when you have Stellar Data Recovery software in your system.
It is one of the most effective and one of the best free data recovery software 2018 in our list. Stellar offer many businesses and home application but as you are here to know about data recovering so let’s talk only about it.
Stellar Data Recovery is a risk-free program which helps you to recover data from various storage devices like smartphones, memory cards, hard disks, USB drives and more.
That’s not it we have some more features of Stellar Data Recovery software to share.
- Fast and advanced file recovery
- Perfect for non-technical user or beginners
- Get a preview before recovering files
Undelete 360 comes with a Microsoft Office’s ribbon-like a toolbar with a blue color theme. It is built using advanced algorithms which make it one of the most accurate data recovery systems in our best free data recovery software 2018 list.
One of the biggest con of this software is lagging. Actually, it lags when it try to recover data. Developers need to work on it. Apart from it Undelete 360 is a small size tool which makes it a must-have a tool in your system. Now have a look on highlights of Undelete 360.
Undelete 360 works is able to recover data from various devices like memory cars, digital cameras, computer hard drives, smartphones, USBs and more.
It is integrated with Hex Viewer, data wiping tool, and preview file before recovering feature.
The percentage ratio of successfully recovering deleted files is great in comparison to other data recovery software
Undelete 360 can recover a wide range of file types including HTML. Doc, MP3, GIF, JPEG, PNG, AVI, and more.
PhotoRec is considered one of the most powerful data recovery software. It is able to recover data from wide range of devices from hard disks to digital cameras.
You can use it to recover files like videos, documents, photos and more from hard disks, and even from CD-ROMs too.
We don’t recommend this software to you until and unless you are an advanced user as it comes with command line interface like TestDisk.
GUI lovers and beginner obviously need to avoid it but know that if any of software present in best free data recover software 2018 list don’t give you the desired result then give it a try at least once.
Now come to know about some of the salient features of PhotoRec:
- PhotoRec is compatible with all major platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and more.
- It can recover whooping 440+ file formats.
- If you have a file format which doesn’t match with the listed file formats then it lets you add your own custom file types.
- PhotoRec features Unformat function and supports various file system including NTFS, FAT, ext2, 3, & 4, exFAT, and HFS+.
Pandora Recovery is critically acclaimed as one of the most effective and reliable data recovery software in the market. It comes with many advanced features using those guarantees you getting your deleted files back without any hesitation. Know its incredible features:
Pandora Recovery able to recover deleted files from FAT and NTFS formatted volumes. Get a preview of deleted files without even initiating the recovery process. Pandora Recovery features ‘Surface Scan’ which let you scan and recover data from formatted drives.
Pandora Recovery is able to recover encrypted, compressed, and hidden files. Its simple to understand interface gives you lots of information like recovery percentage.
All above tools mentioned here in our exclusive best free data recovery software 2018 help you to recover deleted files but what if you lost the entire partition?
Well, we will not let you go from here as we have a special tool for this purpose.
MiniTool Partition Recovery is a powerful tool which is able to recover your deleted partition. Make a note here that you can’t use this software to recover bootable disc. Here are its noted features:
- Best tool to recover entire partition.
- Easy and simple wizard-like interface.
- All you need to just point the MiniTool Partition Recovery at the problematic drive that’s it. After that, it will find out the missing partition.
- MiniTool Partition Recovery generates a recovery report which helps you to figure out what has been found by the program.
Wise Data Recovery is actually one of the wisest data recovery tools. It is fast too. It is loaded with some incredible features like:
- Easy simple to understand UI.
- Wise Data Recovery is able to recover deleted files from cameras, removable media devices, local drives, memory cards and more.
- Works on any Windows OS
It comes with ‘Find lost files’ features which let you get back your files from lost or damaged partition. For more accurate recovery you can use edit the custom scan list which has file signatures.
Use this advance feature when it shows badly damaged data. Puran File Recovery comes with a 3 recover modes; Default Quick Scan, Deep Scan, and Full Scan. Know in detail about them.
- Quick Scan: This is default scan which simply reads NTFS or FAT system for deleted files.
- Deep Scan: It scans even the available free space for a better result.
- Full Scan: Check every single potential place from where it can recover your files.
PC Inspector File Recovery works really well for both NTFS and FAT drives especially its boot sector has been damaged or erased.
However, you will find its interface bit confusing because of lots of tabs.
- Simple search dialog box which helps you to locate files by name.
- It let you save the recovered files in local hard disk or network drive.
- PC Inspector File Recovery can recover file formats like ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV, and ZIP.
- It is able to scan a special area in a disc with Cluster scanner.
Restoration is among the best data recovery software in our best free data recovery software 2018 list.
It is not different from other but you can give it a try when all advanced tools are not working for you. Here are some of its notable features:
- Simple and easy to use.
- Restoration able to recover data from memory cars, hard drives, USB driver, external drives and more.
- No need to install it on your system as you can perform data recovery process even from the USB drive.
DMDE is considered one of the most feature-rich data recovery system but the same makes it bit complicated to use. But you would love to use after knowing its features:
- A portable software which supports deep scan.
- Able to save logs so you can avoid unnecessary rescanning.
- Almost squeeze the flash drive to find our deleted data.
- Get detailed information about the device.
- Multiple filers and file search option.
- RAID construct tool.
- Create disk image files.
If you don’t want to deal with any complications then here is the best tool for you. It comes with a clean and simple interface with lots of features like:
- Preview option
- Quick file scan with File and Folder types view options.
- Multiple filter options like file type, date, file size and more.
- Search bar
- Shows recovery status like Good, Poor, Overwritten etc.
Disk Drill can be used for its quite impressive look and feature but it great visuals cost you 15 MB setup file. You can afford it, right? Now have a look at its features.
It Display all the storage in your system.
Shows scanned data in All files, Video, Pictures, Archives, Documents options.
- Dedicated search bar.
- Allow you to filter scanned files by date and file type.
- Later use the recovery session.
- Can recover data in ISO or disk image form.
Let us introduce you to last but not the least SoftPerfect File Recovery. It is smallest sized software in our best free data recover software 2018 list. The size of SoftPerfect File Recovery is just 0.5 MB.
- Minimalistic interface
- Search bar
- Multiple languages
Hope you like the list of Best Free Data Recovery Software 2018. If you have any recommendations then feel free to tell us in the below comment section.