in the mind of all website owners because the website owners want their website on the
first page of Search Engines (especially on Google). The ranking of a website is very much
important as the High Ranked websites get valuable traffic from the search engines. Research
has been telling that 90% of people don’t navigate to 2nd page in the search engine as they
found the required information on the first page.
There is an interesting fact that 46% people open the websites on the first position of the
search engine, 16% people on the second position and 8% to 10% on the third position of
the search engine. All the above research and facts proves that if your website is not at the
top 3 positions of the search engines then you will definitely missing out more than 65% of
your daily visitors. But don’t panic if your website is not in a good position on the search
engines. There are so many things which help you to get your website on the top of the search
What is Google Page Rank?
numbered from 1 to 10 and it is automatically calculated by Google. According to Google–
“Page Rank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link
structure as an indicator of an individual page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a
link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B.” Internal or external links from
any page to your website is called Backlinks.
Google Page Rank is given on the basis of the following things-
- Uniqueness and Quality of the Page Content
- Backlinks received by a page
- Keyword Density
Steps for improving your website Ranking –
1. Optimizing the web pages of your website for Google
- Page Title – Always remember that your title contains keywords which are searched
regularly. The page title must be short, not more than 75 to 80 words.
- Description Metadata – It is the textual description used by the browser to search your
page. Always use most important searched keywords in your Description Metadata.
- Keywords Metadata – Keywords are the searched words which are used by the users to
find your page. You can take help from Google Ad Word tool to find the most searched keywords relating
to your topic.
- The content you are publishing is related to the subject, products, services or area of interest. Always
provide unique and quality content to your visitors.
- Update your website regularly it will help you to improve your website rankings.
- Create links with other popular websites by leaving comments on the articles. It also helps in maintaining
relationships from websites owners.
- Do not copy contents from other websites it will never help you in improving your website ranking.
Steps for improving your Google Page Rank –
- Provide high quality information’s to your visitors
- Submit your website to reference sites and different web directories.
- Promote your website by yourself. For example- Letterheads, business cards, brochures,
- Provide RSS (Rich Site Summary) of your website
- Ask high quality websites to link your website.
- Translating your website into foreign languages.
- Balanced keyword density, do not repeat keywords again and again in the article or post.
I hope this post will definitely helps you in improving your website ranking and Google Page Rank.. 🙂None found.